I am borrowing the title of this post from Confucius. Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. True! and it is increased in today’s time. We are keep making our life’s complicated day by day via different ways. It can be financial burden, health issues, relationship complications, technology misuse or too much use, social media, internet, time pass or time waste, mental torture, stress, too much thinking about other’s, what other will say? etc.
But, we are forgetting, it’s your life, all the control of your life is in your hands and mind. Why you are allowing external things to make your life tough or worst.
An unexamined life is not worth living. – Socrates
Just observe you day and do it for some days and you will come to know many unknown facts about you, about your daily life and how you are wasting time, energy and money on many unnecessary things. You are just running in the direction, whatever life is offering to you. You are not thinking, just keep going because you don’t want to face any challenges or difficulties. But, it’s life, ups and downs will come and surely come. What you will do then, if you are not prepared today or not preparing from now. Many people argue that we will see when the time come but my friend, when that time come, it will not allow you to see or think, it will ruin you, if you are not prepared enough to fight against it.
Come out of your comfort zone and start doing something new, something that will help you to enhance you skills, learn new things. Find the ways to utilize your time in effective ways and find the ways to increase your passive and active incomes. In today;s time, the knowledge and information only the real wealth. SO start grabbing the knowledge. And how you get more knowledgeable, you know it right! by reading and reading a lot.
Charlie Munger suggests:
In my whole life, I have known no wise people (over a broad subject matter area) who didn’t read all the time — none, zero.
Observe successful people, and learn how they utilize their time and energy. And start to absorb the best of their habits in your own life. I am sure, out of 100, 90 successful people have a habit of reading. Then you also start reading good books. They organised their time well, you must also start using the TODO list and organised your day and time.
To simplify your life, you have to use the advise from Nassim nicholas taleb on negativa and start removing unnecessary things from your life. Really, this technique will help you with a lot of free time and energy.
- Stop reading news paper and stop watching news channels. The news which is for your use, will find its way and come to you anyway, don’t worry. Or you can just do google news and in 5 min finish the news instead of reading the full news paper and news TV channels for hours.
- Stop using too much social media. I don’t find any use of it for the sensible minds. Artificial friends and likes, will not help you to improve. It’s just waste of time and energy. Sometimes, it help you to find any person who is not in your contact from a long time, but if you really want to contact someone, you can anyway find him via other medium as well.
- Stop watching the TVs. I don’t know why we waste the full day just by sitting and watching the TV on the name of entertainment. Is it really worth for entertainment. We have sports, gyms, people around us, nature for the entertainment and learning. TV will not help you to grow. Yeah, sometimes, with family you can watch but not for the entire day. At the end, it’s your life and your choice but it’s my site and i am just sharing my thoughts here, right!
- Stop using unnecessarily the mobile phones. Just ask, what is the actual use of mobiles and do that only. Yes their are so many apps in the market now, but this all apps are just fetching your privacy form you and selling it over the internet. Too much use of mobiles will damage your eyes, mind and health. Find time to stay away from mobiles and try for some days. You will be amazed with the results. Just few hours without mobile will help you to think with free mind.
- Stay away from unnecessary debt, credit cards. If you don’t have money then leave it for future. If you don’t need it then don’t buy it. Don’t buy things on debt or credit cards, it will be a burden on your financial health. It’s fine if you don’t own an iPhone. How much difference it makes at the end. Save the money and invest, not for creating wealth only but saving you from any future financial crisis.
- Stay away from Alcohol, cigarettes and similar things. I also have a bad habit of smoking once in a month but yeah i will stop it anyway. I am also a human being and i am bound to have some bad habits, right! Anyway, this things will not help you to get healthy, as you grow old, this things will come in your life in the form of very big problems, health wise and financially as well. You have to do rounds to the hospitals and doctors and in today’s time everything is a business, and everyone is here to make their profits. Your health and wealth is not a concern for anyone. So, be wise, and think.
- Stop eating nonsense things, too much outside food. In compulsion, it’s fine for some days but don’t make it a habit. Your body is your temple and you have to take care of it. This is only the things you have and in your control in terms of what to eat and exercise. Unfortunate things, no one can control.
- Loving your work and giving time to your work is very good but don’t let it be a burden for you. Work is for you, you are not for work only. It’s a medium for you to earn your livelihood but remember it’s for your livelihood, not life itself. Stay away from stress and too much stretch on the name of work. Health must be on first priority on your list.
- Technology is for making our life simple, don’t misuse it and don’t complicate your life. Control your use of internet and other technical gadgets. Too much of anything is not good for us.
- Don’t thing too much about other’s, what other’s will say or react on your action or inaction doesn’t matter at the end. What you think on your action or inaction, is matter the most. Let other do whatever they want to do.
So making the life complicated, and start simplifying it. It’s possible.
When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one that has opened for us. – Alexander Graham Bell